Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Floral Linen Dress Makeover

When I first saw this dress, I had serious tunnel vision toward the fabric. The linen with floral print had me sold, so I knew I had to make something pretty out of this.


Here's the original. Shapeless with an awkward length (but that fabric!!)
 ↴ 

Here's the result

What I did:

I cut about 6-7 inches off the bottom and finished the hem. Then, using that excess fabric, I created short sleeves using a super simple method. I placed the fabric underneath the shoulder, pinned it and sewed over the top of the edge. I didn't have to unstitch or turn anything inside out, and I think it turned out pretty nicely!


The ol' side by side.

XOXO

4 comments: